Several weeks ago I got a comment from David Tomen about how to market his Ebook… Here’s his blog comment:
Hi Maritza: Wasn’t sure where to put this comment but the end of this article seems appropriate. I just wanted to thank you for the tutorials and inspiration in how to create an eBook. I was looking around for info on how-to articles and found you. I recently published the Used Boat Buying Guide which you can find here: http://oasisyachts.com/used-boat-buying-guide. It is by no means a best seller and I need some additional help on how to get the word out. It may never sell in the thousands (although it should considering that there are over 17 million registered boats in the USA). What I learned however during this process can now be easily duplicated. So thanks once again. DM me @DavidTomen on Twitter with your email address and I will be happy to send you a compimentary copy.
I love seeing people take action so I sent him a DM (direct message via twitter) and told him I would make a blog post to help him out. I grabbed part of a video about how to market your Ebook after you’ve created it…
The video shows several ways to makret your Ebook once you complete it and now with the super-explosion of Social Marketing Tools, it’s even easier for you to connect with people looking for your information. Other ideas specifically for David:
- I can’t tell how often you post on your blog because the posts aren’t dated (great strategy because people think day old posts are “yesterday’s news”), but post often!
- You could start a weekly boat life video show – obviously you know how to do videos http://www.youtube.com/DavidTomen Just fire your video up and show people living the life with a yacht… if that doesn’t sound amazing I don’t know what does! Go interview your friends with yachts or customers – I just found out I’ll be interviewing Gary Vaynerchuk of Winelibrary tv soon and he’s inspired me to begin a daily video blog show about different aspects of online biz (unedited, unscripted and completely real!) You obviously have a great sense of humor with your “Spousal Conversion Kit” 🙂
- Went to your twitter accout, definitely find more people who are interested in boats, yachting etc. Go to http://search.twitter.com and enter the keywords to find them… and them follow them Also, tweet about your videos, your Ebook and stuff on your blog. Find nautical quotes http://quotegarden.com or just “google” it. Load quotes/tweets into http://Hootsuite.com so you can have them going while you’re on your yacht! Or use the search field on the right hand side of your twitter toolbar to enter boats near: Florida
- Engage with people! Let yourself go in your videos. The videos where I get the best response are the ones where I almost feel like a “used car salesman” (not that there’s anything wrong with that…) But I let go and get enthusiastic. Maybe listen to some loud inspiring music beforehand and just don’t care what people will think… some will like you, some will love you and some will be trolls (not my word, Seth Godin’s) and criticize you. I will applaud you!
- Think of Social Marketing with the 80/20 rule 80% social 20% marketing. And make offers… from time to time, make a direct offer for your Ebook.
Hope this helps! Love, Maritza
PS I’d love to hear other comments and /or ideas for David. As always please comment below (and check out my new “sexy toolbar” when you go to post your comment)