Heartwork Journaling Prompts: How to Make Worry Useful.
Have you noticed the things we most worry about usually never happen?
I used to worry about soooo many things.
Worry causes mental, emotional and physical distress.
I decided to apply what my Grandfather used to say:
If a problem can be solved, why worry?
If a problem cannot be solved, why worry?
How do you turn a simple truth into something you can actually use?
The power of emotions & questions.
If a problem CAN be solved…
Tap into emotions like practical, efficient, brave, curious or resourceful.
Transform Worry Journal Prompts I
- Where can I begin to solve this?
- Can I grow my self-confidence, bravery and capability by taking the first step to solving it?
- Where can I take ownership of resolving this?
- How will I feel after I’ve taken the first step to a solution?
- Is it possible taking the first step will reveal the path to resolve this?
- Is this my problem to resolve or am I robbing another person of the growth that is here for them?
If a problem CANNOT be solved…
Tap into emotions like acceptance, compassion, grief, curiosity, peace or understanding.
Transform Worry Journal Prompts II
- How can I begin to accept this?
- Where can I take care of myself during this time?
- Can I just be with the reality of what is, even if I don’t like or want it?
- Is there anything here for me to learn about myself?
- Is it possible I’m going through a part of life that’s just hard right now?
It can take some time to turn worry into something helpful, especially if you’ve been a chronic worrier.
Important things are worth the effort.
Your mind, heart AND physical body will thank you for it.