Why Creativity is Great for your Business
What exactly is creativity?
the use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work.
If you’re a busy entrepreneur, why in the world would I recommend taking any of your valuable time to indulge in creativity?
I believe that the dream to start a business is a creative endeavor.
“Creativity embeds knowledge so that it can become practice. We move what we’re learning from our heads to our hearts through our hands.
Creativity is the ultimate act of integration.”
Here are some of the benefits of starting (or trying) a creative practice:
- requires risk taking and vulnerability
- allows you to access your intuition and over time invites you to trust yourself, even when you don’t know exactly where the “finish line” is or what it will look like.
- cultivates resiliency
- invites innovation
- builds confidence
- strengthens your problem solving skills
- promotes brain health and engagement in all areas of life (and business)
- give your brain a healthy break, without going as far as numbing
- focused, distracted time allows you to gain clarity in other areas of your life (and business)
Some ways you can practice creativity:
- art journaling
- playing an instrument
- comedy improv
These all require imagination, ideas and taking risks. I’m taking a comedy improv class that starts in a few weeks to stretch my creativity muscle.
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”
In addition to helping you have more courage, resilience and risk taking in your business, creativity is medicine for your soul.